New Year's Resolutions for the Whole Family
Happy New Year! Do you have your champagne toast ready, and is your favorite dip warming in your slow cooker? Have you made your New Year's resolution? Well, get to it! Let's kick off the new year in style!
Is your family kicking off the new year together? Does your family have goals they'd like to accomplish together? We know it's common for adults to make these resolutions, but we think the whole family can come together to create some resolutions for the new year that will benefit everyone. Including kids in the creation of family goals, can increase their willingness to participate and follow through.
While every family is different, we think these are five great options for you and your family to set as goals for the new year.
- Prioritize sleep. Healthy sleep habits are essential for all members of the family. Check out this blog by Bella Luna Sleep Consulting on why sleep should be everyone's top new year's resolution and steps you can take to implement healthy sleep habits for your family.
- Eat more meals together at home. When your family is always on the go and schedules are tough to manage, it can be easy to get in the fast food rut. What A Crock Meals to Go offers multiple meal service options. You choose how many meals you need and how many people you want to serve, and you receive those meals, fully prepared and frozen. There are plenty of meal kits out there, but those still take time and prep work. With What a Crock, you place a meal in your slow cooker in the morning, and you'll have a delicious dinner by evening, talk about an easy dinner! This meal delivery company is what every busy family needs to make it easier to gather around the table together..
- Read every day. When life gets busy, we sometimes let simple healthy habits slip, like reading. If your kids are young, reading to them is shown to be very beneficial to their learning and literacy skills. At any age, kids and adults alike benefit from reading regularly. Hit up the local library together and get to work on that goal.
- Save money for a special family purchase or vacation. A family savings plan is a great way to engage the entire family in financial literacy, an understanding of money, and it's worth. Whether you decide to save for a video game console, a pool, or a very special family vacation, having a goal that everyone is working towards together will build the family bond while teaching essential life skills.
- Schedule in quality family time. As the kids get older and the activities multiply, it can be tough to find some good quality time for the whole family. Make this a priority and schedule it now. You can keep it simple with movie nights or game nights, or you can create a challenge that involves things like finding the best ice cream in your state, completing and documenting a set of hikes, or rotating so each family member plans a fun adventure.
Choosing and following through with a new year's resolution as a family is sure to benefit you and your family. We hope that whatever adventure awaits, you all have a happy and healthy new year!