Tips & Tricks - What a Crock Meals
Learn all sorts of useful cooking tips, tricks, activities, and much more!
MAKE DELICIOUS CASSEROLES USING OUR SOUPS
Make beautiful, healthy, and delicious oven-baked casseroles using our homemade soups! You can find our soups by clicking here.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Place chicken breast, broccoli, and rice into a casserole dish
- Pour your favorite What a Crock soup (Broccoli Cheddar Ale is our favorite for a casserole) over the top and bake for 45-60 minutes
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy!
MOUTH WATERING LOADED BAKED POTATOES WITH WHAT A CROCK DIPS
Looking to spice up your baked potatoes? Load 'em up with our creamy dips and your favorite toppings! You can find our dips by clicking here.
- Microwave a potato for 5 minutes OR cook potato in your oven for 45 minutes at 425 degrees
- Boil a pot of water and drop in the What a Crock dip of your choice - cook for 20 minutes
- Remove potato from microwave/oven and load with dip/your other favorite toppings (we recommend bacon and sour cream)
- Plate and enjoy!
FAMILY FUN AT LUNCHTIME WITH GRILLED CHEESE
Using cookie cutters to make cool shapes out of classic grilled cheese sandwiches can make lunchtime for your kids fun and interactive!
- Preheat a non-stick skillet to medium heat
- Butter one side of a slice of bread and place it on the skillet
- Add your favorite cheeses, then place another slice of buttered bread on top
- Flip the sandwich, continue to grill and flip until the cheese is melted
- Remove cooked sandwich from grill, and use cookie cutters to press it into whatever fun shape you'd like!
- Boil a pot of water. Place a bag of our Tomato Basil Bisque in and boil for 20 minutes
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve alongside the cookie cutter grilled cheese sandwich!
MUMMY HOT POCKETS FOR HALLOWEEN
Get into the spooky spirit by using pastry dough and our Chicken Pot Pie Stew to make homemade "mummy" hot pockets!
- Premade pastry or pie dough
- What a Crock Chicken Pot Pie Stew
- Heavy Cream
- Fill two layers of pastry dough with our Chicken Pot Pie Stew
- Cut excess pastry dough into thin strips and wrap them around the already filled layers to "mummify" them
- Whisk an egg yolk, tablespoon of heavy cream, and a pinch of salt together to make an egg wash, then brush the wash onto the hot pockets
- Bake according to the pastry dough box's instructions
- Plate and enjoy! For extra fun, use sliced olives to make little eyes for your mummies!
MOUTH-WATERING NACHOS MADE USING OUR MEALS
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- One of the suggested What a Crock entrees
- Cook our Pulled Chicken, Carnitas, Mexican Chicken Fiesta, or BBQ Pulled Pork in your slow cooker according to the instruction card included
- Make a layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet, then lightly cover them with cheese and some of the entree cooked in your crock pot
- Repeat step two with another layer of chips, this time covering the chips with TONS of cheese and the rest of the chosen entree
- Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted, roughly 5-7 minutes
- Remove from oven and top with jalapenos, guacamole, and a dollop of sour cream
- Serve and enjoy!