What a Crock in Ridley, PA
Ridley Township is located in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. As of the 2010 census, the population of Ridley was 30,768. Ridley is a beautiful suburb with a total area of less than 5.3 square miles, but this limited geographic area comes with lovely water and coastal fronts over the Atlantic.
The town of Ridley derived its name from Ridley, Cheshire, England, from where one of the original settlers, John Simcock, emigrated. Ridley was first mentioned in court records in 1684 when the township was appointed tax collectors. Ridley has strong historical ties to the Revolutionary War as both the Continental Army and the British Army navigated through this area. Even the most famous and well-recognized general of the Revolutionary War, George Washington, used Ridley as a navigating pass to set up attacks and get his troops in position. Some other notable generals to march their men through the streets of Ridley include General Cornwallis and General Howe. With its proximity to Philadelphia, the nation’s capital at the time, and its accessible waterways, the town of Ridley has played an important role in American history.
Things To Do:
- Check out Harrah’s Philadelphia, a casino and racetrack that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week – 365 days a year. This is a one-stop shop for slots, table games, horse racing, nightlife, or to watch the big game.
- Take a peaceful stroll to East Lake Park for a peaceful walk and to enjoy nature in complete serenity.
- If the local park is not enough, visit John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge. This park offers over 10 miles of hiking and walking trails, and allows you to see 300 acres of the most extensive remaining freshwater tidal marsh in Pennsylvania. Stop by the front desk to borrow fishing rods or bring your kayaks. You do not want to miss this opportunity.
Who You Are:
- You are a single mom, working two jobs, who does not have the energy to cook a family meal.
- You are pregnant, your husband works till 10:00 at night, and you want him to be able to come home to a nice, hot meal, but you do not have the energy to stay awake that late.
- You are working 10-12 hour days and have little time at home, much less time to spend cooking.
Who We Are and What We Will Do For You:
What a Crock provides simple meals to go, for any life situation. We provide gourmet meals that you place in your slow cooker in the morning or whatever time suits your schedule; when you get home, you can enjoy a chef-crafted meal hot out of the crockpot. These meals require minimal preparation and mess. Every meal is prepared from scratch without added preservatives.
We are a family owned and operated business and understand the value of time and how important it can be to have home-cooked meals on the dinner table. Our prepared meals allow you to spend more time with your family, to relax, or to spend time working on your favorite hobby. Remember, we are more than a quality food service company, we are a family that cares.
Save Time on Your Next Meal:
Check out What a Crock to find the right meal for you and your family. After you find the meal or plan you that fits your needs and you have placed your order, Fierce Nutrition in Ridley will have your order ready for pick up within 24-48 hours. Give us a call at 610-467-2422 so that our chefs can begin preparing your family’s meal today.